Followers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Alright! My holiday starts today, so I'm going to pick this blog up and hopefully make a lot more drawings. I changed layout, to make it a bit easier to use and a bit easier to follow my posts for my readers.

The portrait: I drew another one of my friend Sunyoung, and I'm happy that I did. I had a lot of fun with it, both because I know she'd like it and because it was fun working on it. I feel like this is maybe the best one yet. It's between this one and the last one. I took some photos of the process. Believe it or not, by the first photo I took I was at least three quarters done. The eyes took the longest time, I wanted to get them really realisitic this time. All together, I think this took 2 hours, with maybe an hour going into drawing the eyes.

Because I took my time, I got a much better feel for what kind of pencil strokes make the best lines, and how to make detailed shadows by patiently layering. Still having a hard time getting the face to pop up. I still found the hair to be exhausting so I rushed it. And I took photos with my phone this time which is slightly better than my computer but glare and shadows are still a problem. As much as I'm happy that I'm slowly improving, I feel like it is a little monotone. Maybe I can experiment. Try charcoal instead of pencils? Maybe make a digital portrait? Coloured pencils? Or stick to basics? Do you think it would help to post the reference photo for each drawing?






8/100

No comments:

Post a Comment